Friday, March 12, 2010

Sunny (?) California

For Spring Break I was able to escape for a few days to visit my mom and sister out in San Diego. Pacific Beach to be more specific. Unfortunately, good ol Californ-i-a was not living up to its sunny reputation, so we didn't get a chance to go to the beach while I was there. Still, we did get out to eat Greek, Italian, Vietnamese, Mexican food, and delicious frozen yogurt while I was there. Not too shabby. Chesney shared some especially choice stories about her students' adventures in testing (spelling tests, math tests, and writing about chili dogs-all in a days work for this lady) and it was fun to laugh and trade stories about our crazy school system. My mom and I also went and saw Alice in Wonderland, which I would highly recommend to anyone looking for an entertaining flick. Overall it was a great trip and a fun chance to get away! Thank you to my familia and to Dean for taking care of Henry et al. while I was gone!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Fun! All I can say is I want to come on your next family vacation just for the food! Yum! :-)