Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can I live in Pottery Barn and/or Crate and Barrel?

Please? I need to ban myself from looking at their websites, or going to their stores (which I did recently.) I really think they are like drugs. Now that I have a beautiful new place setting complete with dinner plate, salad plate, bowl, silverware and beautiful new non-broken glasses, am I satisfied? No! My appetite has only been whetted. (I think I just made that word up?) Now I'm spending my time dreaming of the beautiful couches, beds, kitchenware, and holiday decor both of these stores offer, instead of grading riddle poems written by 7th graders, doing laundry, going grocery shopping, setting up visiting teaching appointments, cleaning my house, or any of the other productive activities I had planned for today. Sigh... Take a look for yourself, I think you too will be delighted.

4 comments:

Carolyne said...

Well, my delight quickly turns into, "Oh dear, I can't buy any of it." I'm afraid I need money. It's definitely a need not a want. ;)

I love the Christmas collection from Pottery Barn. I just about died when I opened up their catalog, and spent about an hour pouring over its sacred pages. I always have to get good and comfortable before I let myself even take a glance at their catalogs. I have to make sure my house is clean and Georgie is occupied so I can take as much time as I want to savor the experience.

Kate said...

I feel your pain, Taylor. I've always been a sucker for the Pottery Barn catalog, particularly the holiday edition. When I was growing up, we used to get the company's catalog seasonally, and straight into the bathroom it went (one of the best reading places). I would spend many a happy hour (don't worry; it also came out of the bathroom) poring over winter's installment, imagining the utilization of my meager funds to buy stocking holders that spelled "NOEL" or "JOY." I can't quite put my finger on why the possibilities brought so much joy.

I suppose it's best that I don't get it in my own home; I might try actually using my meager funds, which are best used elsewhere (like on new tires to deal with the impending snow – ugh).

Diana said...

I completely understand, but for me it's the new J Crew catalog. I seriously want every single thing in it! Oh, well. I'll just keep slowly thumbing through it wishing I had tons and tons of money! :-)

Diana said...

Darling new background! I hope a post is coming soon! We miss you guys.